My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.
I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.
I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it… I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it’s an illusion to me. … Failure always made me try harder next time.
Topics: Achievement, Illusion, Success & Failure
You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.
Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot…And I missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is precisely…Why I succeed.
Topics: Trust, Failure, Life, Win, Entrepreneurs, Fail, Success, Career
I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying.
I never thought a role model should be negative.
Topics: Role models
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Larry Bird American Sportsperson
- Charles Barkley American Sportsperson
- Reggie Miller American Basketball Player
- Wilt Chamberlain American Sportsperson
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar American Basketball Player
- Bill Veeck American Sportsperson
- Bob Knight American Sportsperson
- Muhammad Ali American Sportsperson
- Bruce Jenner American Sportsperson
- Carly Patterson American Sportsperson