Even the bitterest words that people say to one another seldom seem as divisive as the unspoken words that one expects from the other in vain.
Good ideas are like mushrooms, where you find one you often find more.
What one is, what one was,
When we part it becomes evident.
We don’t hear when God’s way hums,
We only shudder when it falls silent.
The years of getting up again after a tremendous collapse, these are the good growth years of the people.
The seer will perhaps look deepest into the future when the present is calm.
Life is a gathering to which only a limited number are invited at a time, and the invitation is never repeated.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Berthold Auerbach German Novelist
- Jean Paul German Novelist
- Thomas Mann German Novelist
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe German Poet
- Bertolt Brecht German Poet
- Friedrich Schiller German Poet
- Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock German Poet
- Werner Heisenberg German Theoretical Physicist
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing German Writer
- Nikos Kazantzakis Greek Novelist, Statesman