In the beginning there was nothing. God said, “Let there be light!” And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.
Friends will write me letters. They run out of room on the front of the letter. They write “over” on the bottom of the letter. Like I’m that much of a moron. Like I need that there. Because if it wasn’t there, I’d get to the bottom of the page: “And so Kathy and I went shopping and we..”. That’s the craziest thing! I don’t know why she would just end it that way.
Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday.
The first person I learned I could make happy with laughter was my mother, whom I idolize. It was a powerful thing to realize. I knew I had found my life’s work.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Lily Tomlin American Comedy Actress
- Joan Rivers American Entertainer
- Liza Minnelli American Singer, Actress
- Sharon Stone American Actor
- Susan Sarandon American Actress
- Betty White American Comedian
- Julianne Moore American Actor
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Jane Fonda American Actress
- Mia Farrow American Actress, Activist