Men are not to be told anything they might find too painful; the secret depths of human nature, the sordid physicalities, might overwhelm or damage them. For instance, men often faint at the sight of their own blood, to which they are not accustomed. For this reason you should never stand behind one in the line at the Red Cross donor clinic.
At the very least we want witness. We can’t stand the idea of our own voice falling silent finally, like a radio running down.
What you get is no longer what you see.
The basic Female body comes with the following accessories: garter belt, panty-girdle, crinoline, camisole, bustle, brassiere, stomacher, chemise, virgin zone, spike heels, nose ring, veil, kid gloves, fishnet stockings, fichu, bandeau, Merry Widow, weepers, chokers, barrettes, bangles, beads, lorgnette, feather boa, basic black, compact, Lycra stretch one-piece with modesty panel, designer peignoir, flannel nightie, lace teddy, bed, head.
Topics: Man, Women
All fathers are invisible in daytime; daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night. Darkness brings home fathers, with their real, unspeakable power. There is more to fathers than meets the eye
Their mothers had finally caught up to them and been proven right. There were consequences after all but they were the consequences to things you didn’t even know you’d done.
She even had a kind of special position among men: she was an exception, she fitted none of the categories they commonly used when talking about girls; she wasn’t a cock-teaser, a cold fish, an easy lay or a sneaky bitch; she was an honorary person. She had grown to share their contempt for most women.
Topics: Men & Women, Women, Men
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Eric Hobsbawm British Historian
- Harold Bloom American Literary Critic, Author
- Frederick Banting Canadian Medical Scientist
- Stephen Leacock Canadian Humorist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Matthew Arnold English Poet, Critic
- Salman Rushdie Indian-born British Novelist
- David Attenborough English Naturalist, Broadcaster