It is respectable to have no illusions, and safe, and profitable and dull.
History repeats itself, but the special call of an art which has passed away is never reproduced. It is as utterly gone out of the world as the song of a destroyed wild bird.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- George Orwell English Novelist, Essayist, Journalist
- Salman Rushdie Indian-born British Novelist
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon English Novelist
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Maurice Baring British Author
- Anthony Burgess English Novelist, Critic