Reflecting the values of the larger capitalistic society, there is no prestige whatsoever attached to actually working. Workers are invisible.
Live as if you liked yourself—and it may happen.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Kurt Vonnegut American Novelist
- Josiah Gilbert Holland American Editor, Novelist
- Thomas Bailey Aldrich American Writer
- Robert Penn Warren American Novelist, Poet
- Nelson Algren American Novelist
- Edgar Guest English-born American Poet
- Theodore Roethke American Poet
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- William S. Burroughs American Novelist
- Edgar Allan Poe American Poet