Housework is work directly opposed to the possibility of human self-actualization.
Men are the enemies of women. Promising sublime intimacy, unequalled passion, amazing security and grace, they nevertheless exploit and injure in a myriad subtle ways. Without men the world would be a better place: softer, kinder, more loving; calmer, quieter, more humane.
The primary function of myth is to validate an existing social order. Myth enshrines conservative social values, raising tradition on a pedestal. It expresses and confirms, rather than explains or questions, the sources of cultural attitudes and values. Because myth anchors the present in the past it is a sociological charter for a future society which is an exact replica of the present one.
Families are nothing other than the idolatry of duty.
If love means that one person absorbs the other, then no real relationship exists any more. Love evaporates; there is nothing left to love. The integrity of self is gone.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- A. S. Byatt English Novelist, Poet
- Penelope Fitzgerald British Novelist, Biographer
- Rose Macaulay British Author
- Joan Collins English Actress
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- Julie Andrews British Actress, Singer
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Bob Brown
- George Lucas American Filmmaker