Intellectuals can tell themselves anything, sell themselves any bill of goods, which is why they were so often patsies for the ruling classes in nineteenth-century France and England, or twentieth-century Russia and America.
Topics: Intelligence, Intellectuals
What a luxury it is to spend time with old friends … talking, as old friends should talk, about nothing, about everything.
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Tennessee Williams American Playwright
- Arthur Miller American Playwright
- Thornton Wilder American Novelist, Dramatist
- William Motter Inge American Playwright
- Marsha Norman American Playwright
- Clare Boothe Luce American Playwright
- Wilson Mizner American Playwright
- Franz Grillparzer Austrian Dramatist
- Edna St. Vincent Millay American Poet
- Natalie Clifford Barney American Playwright