I was taught that everything is attainable if you are prepared to give up, to sacrifice, to get it. Whatever you want to do, you can do it, if you want it badly enough, and I do believe that. I believe that if I wanted to run a mile is four minutes I could do it. I would have to give up everything else in my life, but I could run a mile in four minutes. I believe that if a man wanted to walk on water and was prepared to give up everything else in life, he could do that.
Topics: Desire, Desires
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Compton Mackenzie English Writer
- David Frost English Broadcaster, Writer
- Terry Pratchett English Fantasy Writer
- Patrick Stewart British Actor
- Kazuo Ishiguro British Novelist
- Anthony Hopkins Welsh-American Actor
- B. H. Liddell Hart English Military Journalist, Historian
- Arthur Wing Pinero English Playwright
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Herbert Beerbohm Tree English Actor-Manager