Your hair may be brushed, but your mind’s untidy. You’ve had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation. You’re sunk from a riot of relaxation.
Every New Year is the direct descendant, isn’t it, of a long line of proven criminals?
Some debts are fun when you are acquiring them, but none are fun when you set about retiring them.
How easy for those who do not bulge to not overindulge!
They take the paper and they read the headlines. So they’ve heard of unemployment and they’ve heard of bread-lines. And they philanthropically cure them all by getting up a costume charity ball.
Some tortures are physical
And some are mental,
But the one that is both
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Wallace Stevens American Poet
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Leo Burnett American Advertising Executive
- Bob Newhart American Comedian
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Sherwood Anderson American Fiction Writer
- Stephen Vincent Benet American Poet
- Clarissa Pinkola Estes American Poet
- Henry van Dyke Jr. American Author, Educator, Clergyman
- Archibald MacLeish American Poet, Dramatist