How easy for those who do not bulge to not overindulge!
Every New Year is the direct descendant, isn’t it, of a long line of proven criminals?
Some tortures are physical
And some are mental,
But the one that is both
They take the paper and they read the headlines. So they’ve heard of unemployment and they’ve heard of bread-lines. And they philanthropically cure them all by getting up a costume charity ball.
Your hair may be brushed, but your mind’s untidy. You’ve had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation. You’re sunk from a riot of relaxation.
Some debts are fun when you are acquiring them, but none are fun when you set about retiring them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Wallace Stevens American Poet
- Will Rogers American Humorist, Actor
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Conrad Aiken American Poet, Novelist
- Frank O’Hara American Poet, Art Critic
- Henry Adams American Historian