When under attack, no country is obligated to collect permission slips from allies to strike back.
There is no comparing the brutality and cynicism of today’s pop culture with that of forty years ago: from High Noon to Robocop is a long descent.
Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country – and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William Safire American Columnist
- Maureen Dowd American Columnist
- George Will American Columnist
- Ted Sorensen American Lawyer, Speechwriter
- George Carlin American Comedian
- Larry King American TV Personality
- Herbert Hoover American Statesman
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- Karl Menninger American Psychiatrist
- Irving Kristol American Political Writer