Dream is not a revelation. If a dream affords the dreamer some light on himself, it is not the person with closed eyes who makes the discovery but the person with open eyes lucid enough to fit thoughts together. Dream—a scintillating mirage surrounded by shadows—is essentially poetry.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Gerard de Nerval French Poet, Writer
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright
- Rosamond Lehmann English Novelist
- Nicolas Boileau-Despreaux French Literary Critic
- Stephane Mallarme French Poet
- Rene Dubos French-American Microbiologist, Author
- Robert Bresson French Film Director
- Barbara Cartland English Romantic Novelist
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Whittaker Chambers American Journalist