There’s night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there’s likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?
Topics: Life and Living
The Germans are the most philosophic people in the world, and the greatest smokers: now I trace their philosophy to their smoking. Smoking has a sedative effect upon the nerves, and enables a man to bear the sorrows of this life (of which every one has his share) not only decently, but dignifiedly.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Evelyn Waugh British Novelist, Satirist
- Dinah Craik English Novelist, Poet
- Joan Collins English Actress
- Brian Aldiss English Novelist
- Thomas Love Peacock English Satirist
- D. H. Lawrence English Novelist
- Henry Fielding English Novelist
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- William Makepeace Thackeray English Novelist
- Virginia Woolf English Novelist