Let us learn upon earth, those things which can prepare us for heaven.
The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.
No one will tell a tale of scandal, except to him who loves to hear it. Learn, then, to check and rebuke the detracting tongue, by showing that you do not listen to it but with displeasure.
How great the dignity of the soul, since each one has from its birth an angel commissioned to guard it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Chrysostom Archbishop of Constantinople
- Francis of Assisi Italian Monk
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Augustine of Hippo Roman-African Christian Philosopher
- Francis de Sales French Catholic Saint
- Vincent de Paul French Catholic Saint
- John Vianney French Catholic Priest
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- Richard Hooker English Theologian, Political Theorist
- Sam Shoemaker American Episcopal Priest