Illness is not something a person has. It’s another way of being.
What makes literature interesting is that it does not survive its translation. The characters in a novel are made out of the sentences. That’s what their substance is.
Topics: Literature, Books
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Oliver Sacks British Neurologist, Writer
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- Douglas Adams British Author
- John Fowles English Novelist
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Stephen Spender English Poet, Critic
- Arthur C. Clarke English Science-fiction Writer
- Philip Pullman English Children’s Author, Dramatist