This life as a simple citizen and laborer has its benefits not only for the person himself but perhaps also for his country. After all, there is room for only one Prime Minister, but for those who make the desert bloom there is room for hundreds, thousands and even millions. And the destiny of the state is in the hands of the many rather than of a single individual. There are times when an individual feels he should do those things which only can and should be done by the many.
The past is our very being.
Anyone who doesn’t believe in miracles is not a realist.
Without moral and intellectual independence, there is no anchor for national independence.
Anyone who believes you can’t change history has never tried to write his memoirs.
Israel has created a new image of the Jew in the world – the image of a working and an intellectual people, of a people that can fight with heroism.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Golda Meir Israeli Head of State
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Leo Rosten Russian-born American Humorist
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Bernard Berenson Russian-born American Art Historian
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Indira Gandhi Indian Head of State