What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.
There’s a period of life when we swallow a knowledge of ourselves and it becomes either good or sour inside.
Topics: Identity, Awareness, Being True to Yourself, Acceptance, Self-Knowledge, Realization, Self-Discovery
You cannot belong to anyone else until you belong to yourself.
A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive. Having been alive, it won’t be so hard in the end to lie down and rest.
To talk to someone who does not listen is enough to tense the devil.
Children, you must remember something. A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead. A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive.
There is a way to look at the past. Don’t hide from it. It will not catch you—if you don’t repeat it.
A crown, if it hurts us, is not worth wearing.
There are two kinds of talent, man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent you have to work very hard. With God-given talent, you just touch it up once in a while.
When you’re young, the silliest notions seem the greatest achievements
People see God every day; they just don’t recognize Him.
The sweetest joy, the wildest woe is love.
Sometimes I would almost rather have people take away years of my life than take away a moment.
Topics: The Present
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cicely Tyson American Actress
- Lena Horne American Singer, Actress
- Judy Garland American Actress, Singer
- Ella Fitzgerald American Singer, Composer
- Gilda Radner American Comedian
- Dolly Parton American Musician, Actress
- Liza Minnelli American Singer, Actress
- Lauren Bacall American Actress
- Sophie Tucker American Singer
- Carrie Fisher American Actress