For every poet it is always morning in the world; history a forgotten, insomniac night. The fate of poetry is to fall in love with the world in spite of history.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Chinua Achebe Nigerian Novelist, Poet
- Reginald Horace Blyth British Japanologist
- Hans Hofmann American Painter
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Robert Penn Warren American Novelist, Poet
- James Harvey Robinson American Historian
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Lionel Trilling American Critic