Her very frowns are fairer far
Than smiles of other maidens are.
Rage is essentially vulgar, and never more vulgar than when it proceeds from mortified pride, disappointed ambition, or thwarted willfulness.
The merry year is born Like the bright berry from the naked thorn.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mary Webb English Novelist
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat, Poet
- Martin Farquhar Tupper English Poet
- A. A. Milne British Humorist, Children’s Writer
- William Wordsworth English Poet
- Abraham Cowley English Poet
- William Blake English Poet
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet
- Robert Browning English Poet
- John Milton English Poet