The driver knows how much the ox can carry, and keeps the ox from being overloaded. You know your way and your state of mind. Do not carry too much.
If something is boring after 2 minutes, try it for 4. If still boring, try it for 8, 16, 32, and so on. Eventually, one discovers that it is not boring, but very interesting.
Topics: Boredom, Perseverance, Resolve, Endurance
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Soichiro Honda Japanese Inventor
- Miyamoto Musashi Japanese Samurai Warrior, Artist
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Masanobu Fukuoka Japanese Buddhist Polymath
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Taisen Deshimaru Japanese Buddhist Teacher
- Nyogen Senzaki Japanese Buddhist Monk
- Haruki Murakami Japanese Novelist
- Tsunesaburo Makiguchi Japanese Buddhist Religious Leader