We must learn to regard people less in light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.
It is the nature, and the advantage, of strong people that they can bring out the crucial questions and form a clear opinion about them. The weak always have to decide between alternatives that are not their own.
Topics: Questions, Decisions, Excellence, Strength
As time is the most valuable thing that we have, because it is the most irrevocable, the thought of any lost time troubles us whenever we look back. Time lost is time in which we have failed to live a full human life, gain experience, learn, create, enjoy, and suffer; it is time that has not been filled up, but left empty.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Poet, Literary Critic
- Paul Tillich American Lutheran Theologian
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Ole Hallesby Norwegian Lutheran Theologian
- A. W. Tozer American Christian Pastor
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- Johann Sebastian Bach German Composer
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Wilhelm von Humboldt German Statesman, Scholar
- Johann Jacob Zimmermann German Nonconformist Theologian