This is the highest point of philosophy, to be simple and wise; this is the angelic life.
Prayer should be the means by which I, at all times, receive all that I need, and, for this reason, be my daily refuge, my daily consolation, my daily joy, my source of rich and inexhaustible joy in life.
It is a shame for a man to desire honor only because of his noble progenitors, and not to deserve it by his own virtue.
Prayer is an all-efficient panoply, a treasure undiminished, a mine which is never exhausted, a sky unobscured by clouds, a heaven unruffled by the storm. It is the root, the fountain, the mother of a thousand blessings.
Nothing is more fallacious than wealth. Today it is for thee, tomorrow it is against thee. It arms the eyes of the envious everywhere. It is a hostile comrade, a domestic enemy.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jerome Greek Priest
- Francis of Assisi Italian Monk
- Vincent de Paul French Catholic Saint
- Francis de Sales French Catholic Saint
- Bonaventure Italian Christian Scholar
- Nikolai Berdyaev Russian Christian Philosopher
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- Pythagoras Greek Philosopher
- John Bunyan English Writer, Preacher
- Thomas Browne English Author, Physician