The road to the future leads us smack into the wall. We simply ricochet off the alternatives that destiny offers. Our survival is no more than a question of 25, 50 or perhaps 100 years.
Without ethics, everything happens as if we were all five billion passengers on a big machinery and nobody is driving the machinery. And it’s going faster and faster, but we don’t know where.
The reason I love the sea I cannot explain—it’s physical. When you dive you begin to feel like an angel. It’s a liberation of your weight.
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free
Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.
If we were logical, the future would be bleak, indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings, and we have faith, and we have hope, and we can work.
Topics: Faith, Hope, Belief, Future
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Douglas MacArthur American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell Founder of the Boy Scouts
- George S. Patton American Military Leader
- Eddie Rickenbacker American Aviator
- George Marshall American Military Leader
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf American Military Leader
- Omar Bradley American Military Leader
- Sun Tzu Chinese Military Leader