Personal information is increasingly used to enforce standards of behavior. Information processing is developing, therefore, into an essential element of long-term strategies of manipulation intended to mold and adjust individual conduct.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Henry Adams American Historian
- George Steiner American Culture Critic
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot American Sociologist
- Carol Dweck American Psychologist
- Edgar Z. Friedenberg American Sociologist
- James D. Watson American Biologist
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan American Academic, Politician