Words are small shapes in the gorgeous chaos of the world; shapes that bring the world into focus, corral ideas, hone thoughts. They paint watercolors of perception.
Who would deduce the dragonfly from the larva, the iris from the bud, the lawyer from the infant? We are all shape-shifters and magical reinventors. Life is really a plural noun, a caravan of selves.
Uncertainty is the essence of romance.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- e. e. cummings American Poet, Writer, Painter
- Nikki Giovanni American Poet, Writer
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- Shel Silverstein American Children’s Books Writer
- Elizabeth Prentiss American Children’s Books Writer
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- James Whitcomb Riley American Children’s Books Writer
- May Sarton American Children’s Books Writer
- Phyllis McGinley American Children’s Books Writer
- Carl Sandburg American Poet, Historian