The energy produced by the breaking down of the atom is a very poor kind of thing. Anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation of these atoms is talking moonshine.
We’re like children who always want to take apart watches to see how they work.
An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid.
If your experiment needs a statistician, you need a better experiment.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Aaron Klug English Biophysicist
- Isaac Newton English Physicist
- Paul Dirac English Theoretical Physicist
- Peter Medawar British Immunologist, Writer
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Maria Mitchell American Astronomer
- Marie Curie Polish-born French Physicist
- Louis Pasteur French Biologist
- Bertrand A. Russell British Philosopher, Mathematician
- A. E. Housman English Scholar, Poet