The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.
Topics: Responsibility, Problems
The more sinful and guilty a person tends to feel, the less chance there is that he will be a happy, healthy, or law-abiding citizen. He will become a compulsive wrong-doer.
We teach people that they upset themselves. We can’t change the past, so we change how people are thinking, feeling and behaving today.
The art of love … is largely the art of persistence.
You largely constructed your depression. It wasn’t given to you. Therefore, you can deconstruct it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Steven Pinker Canadian Psychologist
- Abbie Hoffman American Political Activist
- Carl Reiner American Comedian
- Larry King American TV Personality
- Abraham Maslow American Psychologist
- Howard Zinn American Historian, Activist
- Sam Harris American Neuroscientist, Atheist, Author
- Steven Weinberg American Physicist
- Daniel C. Dennett American Philosopher, Atheist
- Neil Postman American Educator, Social Critic