The best results are achieved by using the right amount of effort in the right place at the right time. And this right amount is usually less than we think we need. In other words, the less unnecessary effort you put into learning, the more successful you’ll be… the key to faster learning is to use appropriate effort. Greater effort can exacerbate faulty patterns of action. Doing the wrong thing with more intensity rarely improves the situation. Learning something new often requires us to unlearn something old.
Learning how to learn is life’s most important skill.
Whatever your discipline, become a student of excellence in all things. Take every opportunity to observe people who manifest the qualities of mastery. These models of excellence will inspire you and guide you toward the fulfillment of your highest potential.
Topics: Excellence, Potential
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- E. V. Lucas English Author
- Edward de Bono British Psychologist, Writer
- John Major British Head of State
- Annie Besant British-born Indian Theosophist
- Gavin Lyall English Spy Fiction Writer
- David Whyte Anglo-Irish Poet
- Eliza Cook English Author
- Ask Ann Landers American Advice Columnist
- Al Alvarez English Critic, Poet, Novelist
- Denis Waitley American Motivational Speaker