Ultimately, we have just one moral duty: to reclaim large areas of peace in ourselves, more and more peace, and to reflect it toward others. And the more peace there is in us, the more peace there will also be in our troubled world.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anne Frank German Holocaust Victim
- Baruch Spinoza Dutch Philosopher
- Henri Nouwen Dutch Catholic Priest
- Corrie Ten Boom Dutch Jewish Humanist
- Vincent van Gogh Dutch Painter
- Desiderius Erasmus Dutch Humanist, Scholar
- Anthony Powell English Novelist
- Murasaki Shikibu Japanese Diarist, Novelist
- James Boswell Scottish Biographer, Diarist
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Dutch Politician, Activist