Spiritual awakening does not depend initially on who we are or what we do; rather it is becoming attuned to the working of great compassion at the heart of existence.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Octavio Paz Mexican Poet, Diplomat
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Colombian Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Shirley Temple American Actress, Diplomat
- Amiri Baraka American Poet, Playwright
- Nadine Gordimer South African Novelist
- Robert Thurman American Buddhist Scholar
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Thanissaro Bhikkhu American Buddhist Monk
- Cesare Pavese Italian Novelist, Poet