Comedy in painting as well as in writing ought to be allotted the first place.
Take my advice, and never draw caricature.—By the long practice of it I have lost the enjoyment of beauty.—I never see a face but distorted, and never have the satisfaction to behold the human face divine.
Serious dancing is a contradiction in terms.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Benjamin Haydon English Painter
- William Blake English Poet
- David Hockney British Artist
- Ashleigh Brilliant British Cartoonist
- Daniel Defoe English Writer
- Michelangelo Italian Painter
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler American Painter, Etcher
- Scott Adams American Cartoonist
- Lynda Barry American Cartoonist
- Charles M. Schulz American Cartoonist