Charity … is kind, it is not easily provok’d, it thinks no evil, it believes all things, hopes all things.
The injuries of life, if rightly improved, will be to us as the strokes of the statuary on his marble, forming us to a more beautiful shape, and making us fitter to adorn the heavenly temple.
Topics: Injury, Misfortune
Our opportunities to do good are our talents.
History is the narrative of great actions with praise or blame.
History is the story of events, with praise or blame.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Increase Mather American Theologian
- Charles William Eliot American Educator
- Robert H. Schuller American Televangelist, Author
- Dwight L. Moody Christian Religious Leader
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- Adam Smith Scottish Philosopher
- David Livingstone Scottish Missionary, Explorer
- Charles Henry Parkhurst American Clergyman
- William Sloane Coffin American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Lyman Beecher American Presbyterian Clergyman