The one man who should never attempt an explanation on poetry is its author. If the poem can be improved by its author’s explanations, it never should have been published.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Wallace Stevens American Poet
- Marianne Moore American Poet
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Robert Frost American Poet
- Amiri Baraka American Poet, Playwright
- Stephen Vincent Benet American Poet
- David McCullough American Historian
- John Cheever American Novelist
- E. B. White American Essayist, Humorist
- Eugene O’Neill American Playwright