You can buy people’s time; you can buy their physical presence at a given place; you can even buy a measured number of their skilled muscular motions per hour. But you cannot buy enthusiasm … you cannot buy loyalty … you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds and souls. You must earn these.
I sincerely believe that the word relationships is the key to the prospect of a decent world. It seems abundantly clear that every problem you will have-in your family, in your work, in our nation, or in this world-is essentially a matter of relationships, of interdependence.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- Andrew Grove Hungarian-born American Businessperson
- Henry Ford American Businessperson
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr. American Business Executive
- Ted Turner American Businessperson
- Harvey Samuel Firestone American Industrialist
- Robert Kiyosaki American Businessperson
- Allen Klein American Businessperson
- W. Clement Stone American Self-help Guru
- Richard DeVos American Businessman, Philanthropist