You try very hard to make up for something that was never your fault,” I suggested while a new kind of tugging started at the edges of my skin. “What I mean is, it’s not like you asked for this. You didn’t choose this kind of life, and yet you have to work so hard to be good.
Self-examination is good for the soul.
When will you ever see yourself clearly?
You never know how much time you’ll have.
I don’t know that I’m making up for anything. Like everything in life, I just had to decide what to do with what was given.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Orson Scott Card American Author
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Anne Mccaffrey American Science Fiction Author
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- Gene Wolfe American Science Fiction, Fantasy Writer
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist