Elegance is inferior to virtue.
Nothing contributes so much to tranquilizing the mind as a steady purpose-a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon English Novelist
- Mary Wollstonecraft English Writer, Feminist
- Charlotte Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Joan Aiken British Fantasy Writer
- Charles Dickens English Novelist
- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans) English Novelist
- Emily Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie English Novelist, Biographer
- Anne Bronte English Novelist, Poet