Children read to learn—even when they are reading fantasy, nonsense, light verse, comics or the copy on cereal packets, they are expanding their minds all the time, enlarging their vocabulary, making discoveries: it is all new to them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- L. P. Hartley British Writer, Critic
- Neil Gaiman British Writer
- Margery Allingham British Author
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Mary Shelley English Novelist
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon English Novelist
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Angela Carter English Novelist, Short Story Writer