The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that is the way to bet.
I came to the conclusion long ago that all life is six to five against.
One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to come up to you and show you a nice brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not bet this man, for as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an earful of cider.
Topics: Travel, Tourism
You can become a winner only if you are willing to walk over the edge.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William H. Gass American Novelist
- Eudora Welty American Short Story Writer
- Andre Dubus American Short Story Writer
- V. S. Pritchett British Short Story Writer
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Katherine Mansfield British Author
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer
- Lowell Thomas American Writer
- Bo Lozoff American Humanitarian