We have a ‘strategic’ plan. It’s called doing things.
Power should be reserved for weightlifting and boats, and leadership really involves responsibility.
Years ago, the business schools used to pose it as a conundrum. They would say, `Well, who comes first? Your employees, your shareholders, or your customers?’ But it’s not a conundrum. Your employees come first. And if you treat your employees right, guess what? Your customers come back, and that makes your shareholders happy. Start with employees and the rest follows from that.
It is my practice to try to understand how valuable something is by trying to imagine myself without it.
The business of business is not business. The business of business is people.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Martha Stewart American Businesswoman
- Sam Walton American Entrepreneur
- Russell Simmons American Music Promoter
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur
- Victor Kiam American Entrepreneur
- Mary Kay Ash American Entrepreneur
- Marshall Field American Entrepreneur
- James Cash Penney American Entrepreneur
- Ray Kroc American Entrepreneur
- Seth Godin American Entrepreneur