An artist has to go to every extreme, to stretch his sensibility through excess and suffering in order to feel and to communicate more. I have always been fascinated by blood. Pain can be vitalizing; it gives intensity in the place of vagueness and emptiness. If we don’t suffer, how do we know that we live?
Topics: The Artist
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Christopher Hitchens Anglo-American Social Critic
- Douglas Adams British Author
- John Fowles English Novelist
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- John Major British Head of State
- Roger Moore English Actor
- Doris Lessing British Novelist, Poet
- Eric Clapton British Musician
- George Holyoake English Social Reformer
- Al Alvarez English Critic, Poet, Novelist