Fortune favors the prepared mind.
These three things-work, will, success-fill human existences. Will opens the door to success, both brilliant and happy. Work passes these doors, and at the end of the journey success comes in to crown one’s efforts.
Whether our efforts are, or not, favored by life, let us be able to say, when we come near to the great goal, I have done what I could.
There does not exist a category of science to which one can give the name applied science. There are science and the applications of science, bound together as the fruit of the tree which bears it.
Topics: Scientists, Science
You bring me the deepest joy that can be felt by a man whose invincible belief is that Science and Peace will triumph over Ignorance and War, that nations will unite, not to destroy, but to build, and that the future will belong to those who will have done most for suffering humanity.
Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
Topics: Endurance, Strength, Resolve, Perseverance, Goals, Conviction, Bravery, Goal, Courage
Blessed is he who carries within himself a God, an ideal, and who obeys it.
Chance favours the prepared mind.
The universe is asymmetric and I am persuaded that life, as it is known to us, is a direct result of the asymmetry of the universe or of its indirect consequences. The universe is asymmetric.
Topics: The Universe, Universe
Intuition is given only to him who has undergone long preparation to receive it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Claude Levi-Strauss French Anthropologist
- Michael Faraday British Physicist, Chemist
- Murray Gell-Mann American Physicist
- Steven Weinberg American Physicist
- Louis Agassiz Swiss-American Scientist
- James D. Watson American Biologist
- Maria Mitchell American Astronomer
- Alexander H. Rice American Politician
- Jean le Rond d’Alembert French Mathematician