The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men.
I am an artist… I am here to live out loud.
Topics: The Artist
If you ask me, what I have come to do in this world, I who am an artist, I will reply: I am here to live my life out loud.
The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
A literary work is a corner of nature seen through the temperament of the writer. The novelist, is part observer, part experimenter. As observer he collects the facts, sets the point of departure, establishes the solid ground on which the characters will walk …. Then the experimenter appears and institutes the experiment. I mean, causes the characters to move in a given story in order to show that the succession or order of facts will be such as is required by the determination of the phenomena under study.
Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest.
Through the centuries, the history of peoples is but a lesson in mutual tolerance.
The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it.
If you shut up truth and bury it under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.
Topics: Truth, Thought, Reason
There are two men inside the The Artist poet and the craftsman. One is born a poet. One becomes a craftsman.
Topics: The Artist
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jules Verne French Novelist
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright
- Alexandre Dumas fils French Dramatist, Novelist
- Hector Bianciotti French Novelist
- Henri de Montherlant French Essayist, Novelist, Dramatist
- Blaise Cendrars Swiss Poet, Writer
- Jean Giraudoux French Novelist, Playwright
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Milan Kundera Czech Novelist
- Francois Mauriac French Novelist