Off to one side sits a group of shepherds. They sit silently on the floor, perhaps perplexed, perhaps in awe, no doubt in amazement. Their night watch had been interrupted by an explosion of light from heaven and a symphony of angels. God goes to those who have time to hear him—and so on this cloudless night he went to simple shepherds.
Faithful servants have a way of knowing answered prayer when they see it, and a way of not giving up when they don’t.
Go to the effort. Invest the time. Write the letter. Make the apology. Take the trip. Purchase the gift. Do it. The seized opportunity renders joy. The neglected brings regret.
Changing directions in life is not tragic; losing passion in life is.
You weren’t an accident. You weren’t mass produced. You aren’t an assembly-line product. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the Earth by the Master Craftsman.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hugh Prather American Christian Author
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- George MacDonald Scottish Poet, Novelist
- Lewis B. Smedes American Christian Author
- John C. Maxwell American Christian Professional Speaker
- Thomas Browne English Author, Physician
- Charles Sheldon American Christian Minister
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- A. W. Tozer American Christian Pastor
- Mary Manin Morrissey American Christian Religious Leader