Politics and war are remarkably similar situations.
If Thomas Edison invented electric light today, Dan Rather would report it on CBS News as, “Candle making industry threatened”.
Change is healthy and useful. It has to be fought for most of the time. It’s not inevitable. It takes real leadership and real effort. But I think it’s really important not to take yourself too seriously. Dwight Eisenhower used to have a rule that you should always take your job seriously but not yourself.
We’re all human and we all goof. Do things that may be wrong, but do something!
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dan Greenberg American Elected Rep
- Charles Evans Hughes American Elected Rep
- Horace Greeley American Elected Rep
- William D. Hoard American Elected Rep
- Barry Goldwater American Elected Representative
- William H. Seward American Elected Representative
- James F. Byrnes American Elected Representative
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- William Bennett American Politician
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Dutch Politician, Activist