Happiness is the light on the water. The water is cold and dark and deep.
—William Keepers Maxwell Jr.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Thomas Wolfe American Novelist
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- John Updike American Author
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Ellery Queen American Crime Fiction Authors
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Lionel Trilling American Critic
- Conrad Aiken American Poet, Novelist
- William Saroyan American Playwright, Novelist