I’ve tried everything. I can say to you with confidence, I know a fair amount about LSD. I’ve never been a social user of any of these things, but my curiosity has carried me into a lot of interesting areas.
The American Dream is one of the greatest ideas in the history of human achievement … It thrives today in an age when its core components of freedom and opportunity are open to more Americans than ever before. It holds a real, identifiable place in the American heart and mind, and it informs the aspirations of everyone from farmers to software developers, from detectives to bankers, from soldiers to social workers … It defines us as a people, even as we add to its meaning with each new chapter in our national experience and our individual actions.
A tough lesson in life that one has to learn is that not everybody wishes you well.
Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn’t block traffic.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Walter Cronkite American Television Journalist
- Diane Sawyer American Journalist
- Charles Kuralt American Journalist
- Julia Child American Cook, Author
- P. J. O’Rourke American Journalist
- Larry McMurtry American Novelist
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Jack Canfield American Self-Help Author
- Robert Wilson American Theatremaker
- Deborah Norville American Children’s Books Writer