You grow old first not in your own eyes, but in other people’s eyes; then, slowly, you agree with their opinion of you.
Does history repeat itself, the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce? No, that’s too grand, too considered a process. History just burps, and we taste again that raw-onion sandwich it swallowed centuries ago.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Paul Auster American Novelist, Poet
- Seamus Heaney Irish Poet, Playwright
- Muriel Spark Scottish Novelist, Poet
- Neil Gaiman British Writer
- John Updike American Author
- John Fowles English Novelist
- Charles Reade British Author
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic