Does history repeat itself, the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce? No, that’s too grand, too considered a process. History just burps, and we taste again that raw-onion sandwich it swallowed centuries ago.
You grow old first not in your own eyes, but in other people’s eyes; then, slowly, you agree with their opinion of you.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Seamus Heaney Irish Poet, Playwright
- Muriel Spark Scottish Novelist, Poet
- Norman Mailer American Novelist
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- Doris Lessing British Novelist, Poet
- Stevie Wonder American Singer
- Ray Bradbury American Science-Fiction Writer
- Jane Fonda American Actress
- Mikhail Gorbachev Soviet Head of State
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist