There is much of economic theory which is pursued for no better reason than its intellectual attraction; it is a good game. We have no reason to be ashamed of that, since the same would hold for many branches of mathematics.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arnold J. Toynbee British Historian
- Bernard Williams English Philosopher
- Bertrand A. Russell British Philosopher, Mathematician
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Indian Philosopher, Political Leader
- Isaiah Berlin British Philosopher, Historian
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- John Evelyn English Restoration Diarist
- V. S. Naipaul Trinidadian-British Writer