That no free government, or the blessing of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue, and by frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.
Topics: Liberty, Government
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- James Madison American Statesman, President
- Thomas Jefferson American Head of State
- John Marshall American Judge
- George Washington American Head of State
- Martha Washington American First Lady
- John Randolph American Politician
- Robert E. Lee American Military General
- Vincent Price American Actor
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer