It is essential for genetic material to be able to make exact copies of itself; otherwise growth would produce disorder, life could not originate, and favourable forms would not be perpetuated by natural selection.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- David Bohm American Physicist
- Joseph Rotblat British Physicist, Activist
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Hungarian-American Biochemist
- Barbara McClintock American Geneticist
- James D. Watson American Biologist
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Stephen Hawking English Theoretical Physicist
- J. Robert Oppenheimer American Physicist
- Edward Teller American Nuclear Physicist
- Glenn T. Seaborg American Chemist